ENERGISE! Help customers and staff smash their fitness goals
We all want to be fit and healthy. Sometimes finding the time or the motivation can be a struggle. The right branded merchandise can energise your clients or staff to smash their goals, whilst promoting your brand in a responsible way.
Triggering positive behaviours
Academic studies into public health have shown that prompts, ideally at the point of decision, are highly effective in changing behaviours and encouraging adoption of healthier alternatives. And promotional products incentivise people to take action. Whilst less than 1 in 10 people will take action based on a digital communication, over 50% will do so based on a promotional gift.
How is it relevant to my organisation?
It is likely that health-oriented promotions will be relevant to your organisation.
- Motivating staff: A healthier workforce is more productive and motivated, with better mental health. We know that staff respond well to the reward element of promotional products, and fitness products build on your positive relationship by combining the reward with a demonstration that you care.
- Build brand awareness with customers: The key to brand building is to associate your brand with positive emotions and associations. Helping your customers to smash their fitness goals, whether that is to start doing exercise or to achieve a new personal best, puts your brand into a good place.
- Supporting service users: If you are a public body or NGO then encouraging healthier lifestyles amongst your service users is probably part of your organisational objectives. Well selected promotional products can communicate that message more effectively than a leaflet!
The evidence that measurement can increase exercise is overwhelming, and useful for any level to gradually improve. Branded smartwatches are really powerful for motivating people into physical activity. The user can track their performance every day, measure heart-rate, calories burned, and much more.
Over 70% of people will keep a promotional product if it is useful, and 80% associate the quality of the product with the quality of the brand. When it comes to some gear, like t-shirts, this really matters. Moisture-wicking, fabric mixture, and stitching will make the difference between something that is a pleasure to exercise in and a garment that feels like it was intended as a form of torture.
Sublimation sportswear is a great promotional tool. All-over print options and low minimum orders make them ideal for carrying really creative messaging.
There are some promotional products that are great all-rounders, and should be something you consider.
Top of the list are promotional bags. There is a huge range of printed bags available that are great for sports and exercise. The classic “gym bag” is a simple, low cost and practical promotional bag. It is great for carrying sweaty exercise gear, and lightweight so it will not drag you down. You can also get variants designed for hiking/running. If you are running or cycling then smartphone wristband allows you to keep your digital plan on track, check your stats as you go, and listen to music without having your phone falling out of your shorts.
Next up is branded sports bottles. Again, there is a wide range to choose from. Lightweight or collapsible bottles are great for runners. Promotional water bottles are reusable and so better for the environment. A well-designed sports bottle printed with your logo is a powerful branding vehicle.
Finally, if you feel bags and bottles have been done, consider towels. If there is one thing that unites all forms of healthy exercise, it is the need to shower (or at least dry off) afterwards. If you are dry at the end of it then you are not doing it properly! There is are nifty little sports towels which are great for travelling too. Or you can “go large” with a beach towel.
Fun branded accessories
Fitness should be fun, so consider promotional accessories as a way of engaging your audience. Earphones printed with your logo are great for running, jogging and walking. Printed skipping ropes are fun for all ages. And low-cost foldable frisbees will transform a lazy day on the beach into an active experience.
If you are trying to get a wider message about healthy lifestyles out to your audience, think about other ways you can carry that message. Think about the little behavioural nudges that could help you achieve your outcomes.
Click here for all the product ideas in this article!
- Branded mugs, coasters or mousmats that encourage staff to take a walk
- Full colour printed lunch bags with picture of healthy foods to encourage customers to pack a healthy lunch
- Roll-up banners in the workplace are a low cost way to encourage staff to take the stairs or avoid jumping in a cab for short journeys.